Speed Elements Camp
This camp is open to Birth Year 2005 and older- Incoming U14 age racer or older going into the 2017/18 ski season. We will accommodate for differing levels of experience (i.e. U14’s who have never experienced speed events vs. U21’s with several years’ experience) We have plenty of challenging training for all.
This Speed Elements Camp was the brain child of former US SKI TEAM and US OLYMPIC DH and SG racers AJ Kitt, Chad Fleischer and Marco Sullivan to help enrich, empower and cultivate the next generation of Speed Skiers in Alpine Ski Racing.
As Olympic Gold Medalist Bill Johnson once said “SL and GS are just events…DH is a cult!” Bill, we could not agree more! Whether your mission is to become a future Olympic Gold Medalist or a better, more well-rounded, safer and more comfortable skier at all levels of skiing this camp is for you!
Coaches- Marco Sullivan, Daron Rahlves, Chad Fleischer, AJ Kitt
- Camp Location- Mt Hood Meadows, Oregon- USA
- Camp Dates- June 9-15
- Camp Cost- $2,495
- Days On Snow- FIVE
- Days Off/Weather Day- ONE
- Lodging/Meals – We will be lodging in the Base Lodge at the ski area. Barracks-style with beds. Very comfortable. Bring a sleeping bag. All meals are included
This Camp offers the following on snow:
- Speed work in terrain- Rollers, Sidehills, Banks, Whoop-De-Dos, Fly-off Jumps, Camel jumps
- Technique at Speed to include- Optimal Tuck, Gliding Tuck, Long Radius Edge Control, Gliding on Flats, and more
- SG and DH of varying speed and difficulty to match and challenge individual athletes needs based on age and ability level
- On Hill Timing
Off Snow the offerings will be as follows:
- Daily Video Analysis of the day on snow
- Team and Group discussions with regard to: Tuning, Waxing, Nutrition, Physical Conditioning, Race Day Preparation for optimal performance, visualization techniques specific to DH and SG, Speed Technique, Reading Terrain, Jumping, Equipment set up of boots and skis and much, much, more!
- SG skis if you have them. If not GS skis will work fine. DH/SG poles
- Helmet (required), back protector (highly recommended), goggles with light and dark lens, extra pair of gloves, sun glasses, race suit
The American Downhiller Camp series is the first of its kind, and we are not only going to be working hard and skiing hard we are going to have lots of FUN every step of the way. We have dedicated dryland times with fun games and activities, a day off for fun with our coaching staff, Q&A discussions with athletes about our time on the World Cup tour and we will end the camp with a race and prizes.
Every athlete will come home with cool schwag, great memories, new friends from all over the USA and the highest skill development you can get for speed elements found in the world of ski racing!
This unique opportunity is being offered to a total of 30 participants and we will sell out. So, if you want to learn from the best, to become the best, this camp is for you.
Arrival Date- June 9, 2017 Arrive Portland, OR (PDX) between 11am-2pm, for campers being dropped off or driving in the arrival time is 2-4:30pm.
Address for drop off/driving in as follows: TBD
Departure Date- June 15th from Portland, OR (PDX)- Please schedule your departing flight after 3pm
If you are flying back to the EAST COAST and need to stay an extra night- Night of June 15th– We will have a van available and lodging available to accommodate the athlete’s needs. This will incur and additional fee of $125 and the departing flight for June 16th needs to be booked to depart for an early AM departure.